TNG Mixtape
This mixtape (lovingly) complied by Rocky.
Happy good afternoon, everybody! Here's TNG's weekly mixtape to help soothe your aching work week and get you even more pumped up to cross that finish line tomorrow. As always, the playlist is comprised of artists and songs mentioned in yesterday's What We're Listening To post. (Well, except for The Society of Imaginary Friends. Apparently, Mixwit's not a member. Sorry, Craig! But you can check them out here, and here...) As usual, I went ahead and added a little something extra. I don't know about you, but a lot of my Labor Day weekend was spent sitting behind a Rockband drumkit, and the only thing I like more than busting out my Thom Yorke impression (99% on expert, suckas!) is playing drums on "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. If I'm gonna be honest about what I've actually been listening to all summer, it's been my drunk friends singing "Maps" loudly and off-key. Good times! I promise, however, that this version is all the incomparable Ms. Karen O. Happy listening! -R*
Caesars: "Strawberry Weed" (Zack)
Plastic Bertrand: "Ca Plane Pour Moi" (Ms. Cavanaugh)
M83: "Teen Angst" (Rocky)
Santogold: "Creator" (Ben)
Dan Deacon: "Pink Batman" (Coach)
Morning Benders: "Loose Change" (Michael)
Blues Traveler: "Hook" (Allison)
Yeah Yeah Yeahs: "Maps" (Rocky)
Climie Fisher: "Love Changes (Everything)" (Philip)
Little Pictures: "I Wish I Could Keep You" (Stephanie)
4 comments:
Zack's pick wins the prize!
Very satisfying playlist this week. Loved it.
Unfortunately I couldn't make it through blues traveler, and Philip threw me for a loop, as usual. I appreciate the diversity, though. I will now go and legally download all these songs.
I know the blues traveler is a bit lame. but I'm a sucker for that album!
I don't know if that's a compliment, but it's one of the nicest compliments I've ever received!
Post a Comment