Monday, July 14, 2008

Your Monday Upper: Kate's Bush



Fuck Madonna. The '80s songstress with the best songs and craziest videos is Kate Bush. When she's not singing about washed-up gay actors, she's dressing up like a little boy or having sex with a cello. As you might have guessed, though, these eccentric predilections leaver her rife for parody. High on the list is the overly florid video for Wuthering Heights. Ms. Bush certainly has some expressive hands, a fact mined by Dutch comedian Tineke Schouten in the above video. It's worth reading the subtitles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love Kate Bush and I didn't know about that parody! I've cracked up laughing!

And yes, she was an inspiration not only for artists in the 80's, but for many indie and alternative singers of today. And my, what hands. *sigh* I wonder why I'm so fond of women who were my age 30 years ago.

What about Cyndi Lauper? She had her charms as well, and her long-term support of LGBTQ issues is admirable. ;)

Anonymous said...

Honey, that's a Bass...