Friday, September 05, 2008

Uh, Huh - Her

The Chosen One

Unless you're a lesbian who lives under a rock, or inside your girlfriend's crotch, by now all of your lesbian friends should have excitedly contacted you and you should know that Showtime has announced whose va-jay-jay the L-Word spinoff is going to revolve around. Drum roll, please... our lesbian gay-vorite: ALICE!

50% of lesbians worldwide can't stop saying that if they were on the L Word they would be her; and 75% can't stop saying that they would date her (some say both). 100% of us - admit it or not - have television lives that revolve around the beginning of a new L Word season. When I first heard that next season would be the finale, I threw a mock temper tantrum and staged a sobfest. This new news, however, brings a glimmer of hope to an otherwise sad situation. Hell, knocking Jenny, Max, and Dawn Denbo out of the picture might even make following Alice's every fictional move even more enjoyable.

The next big question now, of course, is: What will become of the rest of the dyktresses? Will they move on to bigger and better things like the Surreal House? Will Kate Moennig let herself go, gain five pounds and then blindside us by appearing in public with a BF? Will Daniela Sea become the official spokeswoman for the bandito line of lesbian clothing? What do you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've only seen 2-3 episodes from either season 2 or 3... but isn't Alice like the bat-shit crazy one who had life size cardboard cutouts of her ex?

Anonymous said...

YEA!!! While I heard that there was going to be a sequel, I didn't know on whom it would focus. Because I live under a rock.

But for the record, Aiden, yes, Alice had a cardboard cutout of her ex, but she was only temporarily crazy (always super adorable though). The award for batshit craziness is Jenny. I was so afraid it would be about her--but they wouldn't do that to us (because we wouldn't watch... or we would, and hate ourselves a little for it).